Phone: +46 (0)8 519 542 22
E-mail: Ulf Swenson
- Associate Professor (Docent, Lund University 1999)
- Senior Curator at the Swedish Museum of Natural History since 2002
- Classification, phylogeny, and evolution in the Sapotaceae and Asteraceae.
- Historical Biogeography in relation to Gondwana and oceanic islands. Numerous groups are for instance disjunct across the Pacific Ocean, patterns that can be examplified by Nothofagus (Nothofagaceae) or Abrotanella (Asteraceae, Senecioneae). Oceanic islands such as the Juan Fernandez Islands and the Canary Islands allow themselves to interesting biogeographic questions, but the relationships of islands cannot be illustrated as a branching pattern, nor have oceanic islands been connected to each other.
- Biodiversity studies, especially in New Caledonia.
Ph. D. (Uppsala University 1995)